It’s that time of year where everyone is trying to lose weight and get healthier, so what might be holding you back from achieving your goals?
- You have unrealistic expectations: healthy weight loss is 1-3 lbs a week. Too much too quickly is not sustainable.
- You have an unresolved health condition: Niggling ongoing health conditions can cause inflammation and imbalance within the body, when the body isn’t functioning optimally, we can be held back from reaching our goals, whether this be weight loss, more energy or enhanced fitness. If you don’t resolve and support underlying health conditions such as dodgy digestion or hormonal imbalances you’ll hold yourself back.
- You’re paying too much attention to your macros and not your micros: as a nation we are becoming obsessed with tracking our proteins, fats and carbs (known as macronutrients or macros) but what about our micronutrients? our vitamins and minerals? missing out on essential nutrients can hold you back from reaching your goal weight as it prevents the body from functioning optimally.
- You’re eating the wrong macros: think low fat dairy and fat free treats will support you in your weight journey, think again. Fat doesn’t make you fat, good fats such as avocado, olive oil and nuts can support your health and weight goals.
- You’re doing the wrong type of exercise: not everyone suits high intensity or endurance cardio. Tune in to your body, what it needs and do that. Some of us suit yoga and walking better, others thrive on HIT workouts, do what suits you, not what suits everyone else.
- Your diet isn’t right for you: we are all unique and our diets should support us in reaching our own unique goals. If you’re looking for bespoke, tailor made advice designed with your own health and fitness goals in mind then get in touch for a free 20 minute phone call to see how I can help you.